CodeIgniter is an Application Development Framework – a toolkit – for people who build web sites using PHP. Its goal is to enable you to develop projects much faster than you could if you were writing code from scratch, by providing a rich set of libraries for commonly needed tasks, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. CodeIgniter lets you creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed for a given task.
Features of CodeIgniter:
- It has a very impressive user guide and the method the documentation is done is simply wonderful and extremely useful to users.
- The framework is simple and a major portion of the task gets done in the controllers and uploading of the libraries.
- CodeIgniter utilizes a straight way of handling and standard SQL queries could be mimed with the use of simple commands.
- Data validation is a main thing when working on models. The data sent through the URL is validated automatically by the validation object.
- The migration from server to server is hassle-free and easier. The installation is easier as well.
- The framework is very easy to customize and handle.
- The MVC framework provides easy management and flexibility.
- The active record implementation is great and easy to remember.
- Customization and configuration files are easy.
- Has good collection of libraries.
Reasons to go for Codeigniter for your Website:
- Framework with a small footprint
- Clear documentation
- Compatibility with standard hosting
- Exceptional performance
- No large-scale monolithic libraries
- Nearly zero configuration
- No restrictive coding rules
- Simple solutions over complexity
- Spend more time away from the computer
- No need for template language